Friday, January 4, 2008

Merry Poppin's

About a year ago I scored an Atom Pop. One thing you must know about me is that I like my 50's functional. Some people like to dust nicknacks, I like to travel down the time tunnel.

Rule #1 at The Atom Mom:
Looking mid century is for suckers.
BEING mid century is fully worthwhile.

So I was anxious that the Atom Pop would look marvelous but burn all the popcorn. After all, it had no motor. It had no cord. It had no moving parts that constantly stirred the popcorn as it popped. The instructions said I wasn't even supposed to shake it. Just pour in 2T of oil and a half cup of popcorn kernels and place the Atom Pop on a red-hot burner. Yeah right. I thought it would never work. Some people play the slots, I bought the Atom Pop; six of one, half a dozen of the other.

The results were astounding:


I had to stop rolling for a minute to situate Poopsie because I was scared she was going to burn herself on the Atom Pop, so here is part II:


Of course, as everyone knows, the mid century popcorn experience is not complete without a Coke-filled Bascal and the fabulous new old stock item I just scored on eBay:

No comments: